Asian Craving Invasion
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Asian food! If I was to choose any food to eat it would be SUSHI! My new healthy world would not survive if I did not find a way to have SUSHI!
Here are some tips for Asian dinning:
1. Restaurants are in business to SERVE the customer. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want!
2. For Chinese dishes ask for items to be steamed
3. Ask for sauce on the side
4. Limit condiments like soy sauce -- sooo much sodium! (remember only 3 condiments/day)
5. Sometimes they have a "healthy section" of the menu that has the steamed options
6. Ask for only the veggies you want... we can't have mini corn or snow pea... so it is a waste to let them put it in your meal. Order broccoli, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, etc
7. Sashimi is a good idea because it is only protein
8. For me sashimi is not going to scratch the itch -- I order the regular sushi choices but ask for no rice
9. Make sure not to get anything fried --- most times you can have the same dish steamed
10. Egg rolls are not a good option. But If you have an unstoppable hankering for an egg roll have a summer roll instead (no noodles). It uses rice paper and it is not fried. It is better to find a healthier option then just throwing your diet out the window!
11. If you are unsure what is in a dish ASK!